Petroleum Association of Japan(PAJ),incorporated in November1955, is composed of 11 refiners and primary distributors in Japan.
lts main activites are:
- to collect the opinions of the member companies and compile proposals to be incorporated in the government petroleum policy,
- to survey the situation of the petroleum industry,and
- to provide information relating to the petroleum industry.
PAJ deals with all matters concerning the refining and marketing of petroleum products. The main functions by PAJ are as follows:
- Publishing information on important issues for the petroleum industry.
- Advocating the industry's opinions and submitting proposals to the government,business associations, the media and the general public.
- Researching and coordinating activities related to important petroleum issues and providing information on such issues.
- Undertaking governmental subsidy programs such as the "Major Oil Spill Response Program", including international conferences.
- Enhancing communication and understanding among member companies.
Keidanren Bldg. 3-2,1-chome Ohtemachi,Chiyoda-ku,Tokyo 100-0004
Tel. +81-3-5218-2305 / Fax. +81-3-5218-2321